August 19th to the 29th befitting Extra Life, a fund-raising program of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals®. This event is being hosted by The Virtual Tabletop Gaming Society with a partnerships from VRazetheBar and associated groups and friends.
The Extra Life community fund-raises year-round to Change Kids’ Health to Change the Future. Donations go to member children’s hospitals to fund critical life-saving treatments and healthcare services, along with innovative research, vital pediatric medical equipment, and child life services. Since its inception in 2008, Extra Life has raised over $100 million USD to Change Kids’ Health to Change the Future.
Check out the Saving Throw Website for more info on the event.
In addition to having a store at Saving Throw (all sales donate 50%!) I have put up a special item for auction. Visit the Saving Throw event here
Custom Character Portrait
This is my first time ever offering this service and I am super excited!
For the winner of this auction item I will create a custom character portrait! You describe what the character looks like and I use AI generated art plus Photoshop to create a portrait of them. I’ve been experimenting with this technique for weeks now and the results are beautiful!
I’ve included lots of examples of different looks so you can get an idea of what is possible.
🔶 What is included?
One portrait style piece of art of 1 character. This is a shoulders & head shot. You can choose a preferred background (inside a castle, in the desert, etc.) and the basic traits of the character. Race, skin/eye/hair color, who they look like, etc. The end result is yours to use as you wish. I will upload it for SL and can also email it to you if you want, just let me know where to send it.
🔶 What is this about AI generated art?
I use a text based prompt and lots of attempts to get a base image of your character using a program called Midjourney. The process to get a base image can be a few hours of trying different prompts and variations. I will pick out a few that I think are the best results out of the batch and you can choose the one you like best. The portraits are often in need of touch up from there. Things like fixing the facial features (they are often a bit off) fine-tuning the proportions, altering hair/eye/skin tone, touching up the hair, replacing the background, etc. will take another hour or two.
🔶 What kind of characters can be created?
Currently, I have only been working with human characters. The AI may be able to do other fantasy races, but I can’t guarantee that at this time as I would need to experiment with other races individually to see what results I can get.
Also, the AI does not play well with hands or too many details, so a simple head shot gets the best results.
🔶 What do you need in order to create the portrait?
1) A detailed description of your character’s appearance. Are they any particular race? What color is their hair/eye/skin? Do they have long hair, short hair, straight, wavy, curly, etc? How old are they? What are they wearing? Clothing in the portraits is usually fairly simple, but knowing the general style and color will help.
2) What art style do you want? Oil painting, manga/anime, concept art, art Nouveau, tarot card? Is it fantasy, scifi, cyberpunk, modern, etc?
3) What size ratio should the picture be? (standard portrait is 3:4)
4) What RL person do they look similar to? (The AI makes faces best when it has a specific reference, but I can modify the face to look more unique after that)
5) Do you have a preference for a particular background, or will a standard simple backdrop do? I also make the background using MidJourney, so it will be unique to you!
Please note that Midjourney does not allow nude photos, so I am unable to make anything that is “adult” in nature.
If you have any questions drop me an NC